Care Bears: Ups and Downs
In these never-before-seen adventures, Funshine travels to Earth to help a lonely tyke, and Cheer Bear fetes Surprise Bear with a bash in her honor. The DVD version includes a Spanish audio track and a special Care Bears party game.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
TV-YAll Children. This program is designed to be appropriate for all children.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; interactive game.
Care Bears: Ups and DownsClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Care Bears: Ups and Downs is a DVD release composed of two 23-minute tales designed to entertain very young viewers and help them manage everyday feelings of frustration or loneliness. Both stories show positive ways to accept and deal with these normal emotions. The Care Bears, as always, are cheerful, supportive, and creative, using teamwork and their individual talents (and powers) to solve the problems that come their way. Other than a contraption that noisily falls apart and a few bumps for Wingnut and Oopsy Bear, there's nothing scary here. This DVD is part of the vast Care Bear franchise that has been selling toys, games, clothing, multimedia fare, and related products since American Greetings issued its first Care Bears greeting cards in 1981. This DVD consists of two unaired episodes from the first season of Care Bears: Adventures in Care-A-Lot in 2007.
- The CBT (Care Bear Transporter) crashes several times. Wingnut and Oopsy bump into things.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Attempts to help kids deal with disappointment and frustration. Acknowledges difficulty a child faces when moving to a new community. Shows positive ways to adapt. Underlying all, friendship, support, and gratitude are core values.
- Care Bears is a vast franchise of toys, clothing, books, games, TV shows, DVDs, and other products. These two stories, which never aired, were the final episodes of Season 1 of the 2007 TV series.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it