Carrie (Jennifer Jones) is a small-town girl anxious to leave her dreary surroundings for big-city life in Chicago. When she finally makes it there, she becomes the mistress of salesman Charles (Eddie Albert), whom she eventually dumps for cultured restaurant manager George (Laurence Olivier). George ends up stealing money from his boss to support Carrie, who then leaves George in financial ruin to pursue an acting career.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- William Wyler
- This movie is
- 1953 BAFTA®
- Best Actor nominee: Laurence Olivier
- Best Film nominee
- 1953 Academy Award®
- Best Art Direction Black and White nominee
- Best Costume Design Black and White nominee
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Filmed in B&W; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it