John and Alexa Taylor appear to have the perfect life. Their son Beau is the high school football star, but when Beau is caught drinking alcohol, his place on the team is on the line. With the football season at stake and the judgmental community turning their backs on them. They must find the strength from one another, and the spiritual courage from within, to prove that faith and family is the only score that really matters.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- John K.D. Graham
- DVD and streaming
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.40:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Catching Faith is an inspirational, faith-based movie about a seemingly perfect family coming apart at the seams. There's the death of a grandparent and a brief scene of underage drinking, the latter of which has strong consequences. The film offers positive role models and a strong message about doing the right thing even when no one is looking, aimed at Christian families who may align with the zero-tolerance attitude toward experimentation and the prominent scripture and prayer throughout.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable
- A parent/grandparent dies of a heart attack; brief funeral scene.
- Social Behavior
- Integrity; doing the right thing even when no one is looking; following the rules; obeying your parents, even when you disagree; maintaining faith; appearances aren't everything.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Underage kids shown at a party holding red cups; a beer is poured from a keg; a teenager is said to have been drinking or drunk; cops bust a party with underage drinking but no one is arrested. There are consequences for drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it