Inspired by Daniel Keyes's short story "Flowers for Algernon," this poignant drama explores what happens when Charly Gordon (Oscar winner Cliff Robertson), a mentally challenged adult, gradually develops a genius-level IQ following experimental surgery. But Charley's personality changes are not all welcome, and when he learns that his increased intelligence may not last forever, he becomes despondent.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Ralph Nelson
- 1969 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- 1969 Academy Award®
- Best Actor: Cliff Robertson
PGParental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it