Director John Ford's last Western chronicles the 1878 migration of a band of Cheyenne, who -- in defiance of the U.S. government -- leave their barren Oklahoma reservation to return to their ancestral home in Wyoming. As chiefs Little Wolf (Ricardo Montalban) and Dull Knife (Gilbert Roland) lead the starving tribe on the 1500-mile trek, sympathetic Capt. Thomas Archer (Richard Widmark) and bigoted Capt. Oscar Wessels (Karl Malden) are in pursuit.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Richard Widmark, Carroll Baker, Karl Malden, Sal Mineo, Dolores del Rio, Ricardo Montalban, Gilbert Roland, Arthur Kennedy, Patrick Wayne, Elizabeth Allen, John Carradine, Victor Jory, Mike Mazurki, George O'Brien, Sean McClory, Judson Pratt, Carmen D'Antonio, Ken Curtis, James Stewart, Edward G. Robinson, Sam Harris, Nanomba 'Moonbeam' Morton
- John Ford
- This movie is
- 1965 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
- 1965 Academy Award®
- Best Cinematography Color nominee
NRAdult content and violence
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it