Cheyenne: Season 1
Singing and songwriting sensation Cheyenne Kimball signed her first record deal as a teenager, and MTV's cameras were there to chronicle the day-to-day triumphs and trials as the 15-year-old learned to bridge the gap between normal teenager and recording artist on the cusp of stardom. Highlighted are her family life, a move from Texas to Los Angeles, and a bunch of other crazy changes as Cheyenne's musical dreams start to come true.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Cheyenne: Season 1Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this innocent (for MTV) series revolves around a 15-year-old singer/songwriter/guitarist. Cheyenne has solid relationships with old friends and family (although there's some tension with her mom) but lacks much of a social life. At times, she seems more mature than her parents and the other adults involved in her career. Cheyenne has a boyfriend back home, and there's some kissing and flirting. She's immersed in a very adult world and will clearly need more guidance if her career progresses. The series seems better suited for a network targeted toward a younger demographic.
- Sexual Content
- Cheyenne kisses her boyfriend and describes him as "the gayest straight man you'll ever meet -- because he likes clothes." Mild teen flirting.
- Not applicable
- Strong language is bleeped.
- Social Behavior
- Cheyenne is a good-hearted, hardworking teen who is goal driven, level-headed, and talented. Her mom is her manager and home-school teacher, which can cause tension.
- Cheyenne is in the process of producing an album.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it