Cinderella III: A Twist in Time
In Frank Nissen's original take on the classic fairy tale, Cinderella's wicked stepmother (voiced by Susan Blakeslee) stumbles upon the fairy godmother's magic wand and wields the instrument to reverse time, unraveling the events leading to Cinderella's big night at the ball. Can fictional history be rewritten? The voices of Christopher Daniel Barnes, Jennifer Hale and Andre Stojka complete this twisted tale's animated cast.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Frank Nissen
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; making-of featurette; DVD-Rom games.
Cinderella III: A Twist in TimeClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this enjoyable re-imagination of the Cinderella story has our heroine using her own resources, not the Fairy Godmother's, to win the Prince's heart. The evil stepmother is as bad as ever, and in a few short scenes, is downright menacing. A scary carriage ride has Cinderella careening toward a ravine in mortal danger. The Prince gets ample screen time, and his athletic heroism may even make this story appeal to the boys in the family.
- Sexual Content
- A romantic kiss for the bride.
- Mild by some animated film standards, but still a food fight between two characters; and a nasty cat catches its tail on fire, is turned into a toy, then miniaturized, and is eventually thrown into a pond.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Positive story of Cinderella drawing on her own skills to make her dream come true, instead of letting the Fairy Godmother do all the heavy lifting. One character starts off devious, but gains the courage to do the right thing. Two other characters who don't reform end up getting magical punishment. There's a nice father-son relationship characterized by mutual trust, respect, and affection.
- Cinderella is a Disney Princess, whose brand reaches far and wide. Expect to see Princess branding on consumer merchandise, food products, etc. as well as in books, websites, and other media.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it