For a change of pace, three amigos facing midlife crises sign on for a fortnight cattle drive through the Colorado hills. The urbanites' survival depends on a leathery trail boss who doesn't cotton to greenhorn city slickers.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Ron Underwood
- This movie is
- 1992 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- Top 100 Laughs
- 1992 Academy Award®
- Best Supporting Actor: Jack Palance
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Widescreen 1.85:1, Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; region 1 encoding
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the main characters get involved in life-threatening situations, such as being gored by a bull and almost dying in a rushing river. Heavy drinking leads to the death of two horses and the maiming of a minor character, as well as a fistfight and threats to kill a calf. Main characters make sexual jokes aimed at women, and one man cheats on his wife. That said, as midlife-crisis comedies go, this one is kinder and gentler than many that have followed it.
- Sexual Content
- Many sexual comments about women's bodies; Phil cheats on his wife and almost gets his mistress pregnant.
- Some gun play. Phil threatens to shoot a cowboy; the cowboy threatens to shoot an animal. A character nearly dies in the river.
- Numerous cuss words, though not f--k. Usually tied in with sexual references, the worst being "bang the s--t out of her."
- Social Behavior
- The message is positive: Love your family, pursue your dreams, become a man (in the best possible sense).
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking leads to death and destruction, as well as fistfights. Curly is constantly smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it