Store clerks Dante and Randal are sharp-witted, potty-mouthed, and bored out of their minds. So in between needling customers, the counter jockeys play hockey, visit a funeral home and deal with their love lives in this classic indie comedy.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Kevin Smith
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
RExtensive use of extremely explicit sex-related dialogue
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary from writer/director Kevin Smith and many others; original ending; deleted scenes; trailer; music video.
Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 HDOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; behind-the-scenes featurettes; outtakes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that there is more swearing in this film than at a convention of longshoremen. It's presented in the form of natural conversational rhythm, rather than as epithets. There are no depictions of sex, but it's discussed explicitly. Events and topics of note such as oral sex, masturbation, pornography, a death off screen, hermaphrodism, drinking, drugs, a child purchasing cigarettes, and an inadvertent case of necrophilia, make this film exceedingly inappropriate for kids under 17.
- Sexual Content
- No sex or nudity depicted, but graphically discussed, usually via humor. Porn magazines are on display.
- Not applicable
- Very strong language is used conversationally, but not violently.
- Social Behavior
- Gen X'ers here are not the best employees, and discussions about sexual promiscuity occur, but the characters search for life's meaning with surprising insight.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some (one character smokes a cigarette, alcohol and drugs are discussed but not shown onscreen).
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it