Anna, a photographer, seems content with her boyfriend, while Dan, a writer, adores his quirky beloved. But when Anna and Dan embark on an illicit affair, a cascade of betrayal ensues in this award-winning drama.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Mike Nichols
- DVD and Blu-ray
- 2005 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
RSequences of graphic sexual dialogue, nudity/sexuality and language
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: DTS 5.1 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer.
English SDH, English, French, Spanish (Neutral), Portuguese, Chinese Simplified, Korean, ThaiClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: PCM Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Italian: PCM Surround, Italian: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie is filled with extremely adult material, with exceptionally explicit sexual references, including adultery and oral sex. There are scenes in a strip club. Characters drink, smoke, and use very strong, explicit, and graphic language. There are tense and upsetting scenes of jealousy, anger, and betrayal.
- Sexual Content
- Extremely explicit sexual references and situations, strip club.
- Intense emotional confrontations, slap.
- Extremely strong language.
- Social Behavior
- None of the characters act very honorably.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking and smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it