Director Jonathan Lynn's board game-inspired campfest finds six colorful dinner guests gathered at a mansion, where they all become suspects in the death of the house's owner, who had been blackmailing each of them.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jonathan Lynn
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital Mono, French: Dolby Digital Mono
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Clue is the 1985 movie based on characters and objects in the Parker Brothers board game. As it's a slapstick farce of a movie, there is frequent sexual innuendo and double entendres. Male characters gawk at female characters, including a maid dressed in a sexy uniform. One of the characters is a madam in a brothel. There also is drinking, cigarette smoking, and pipe smoking. Although the violence is cartoonish, characters are murdered, and some characters are shown bleeding from the head or chest.
- Sexual Content
- Mild sexual innuendo and sight gags throughout. One of the characters is a madam in a brothel. The maid dresses in a sexy uniform; male characters often gawk at her breasts and rear end. There is a joke involving a sexual position, which two of the characters show while fully clothed. A man places his hand on a woman's rear end.
- Murder done in a kind of slapstick manner, with bodies being dragged around and placed in awkward positions. A man is shown with his head bloodied. Gunshots in the dark. A woman is killed with a rope around her neck. Another woman is found with a knife in her back.
- "Damn," "Jesus." Frequent mild sexual innuendo and double entendres throughout. A presumed homosexual character is called "fruit."
- Social Behavior
- The movie is too cartoonish and slapstick-heavy to have anything in the way of positive messages.
- This movie is based on the popular Parker Brothers board game of the same name.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters drink brandy, wine, and whiskey. Characters smoke cigarettes and pipes.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it