College Hill: Interns
Taking the successful BET reality series to a new level, this spinoff follows 10 Chicago students as they take their first steps into the business world. As each begins an internship, the show presents them with additional challenges that will test their professionalism, skill and ethics. But as always, the biggest test is trying to live under the same roof with nine other people without losing their cool.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; Cast Audition Reel; A Day with Souja Boy; Reject Reel.
College Hill: InternsClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that while this reality series about college-student interns focuses on leadership and professionalism -- the interns are expected to work hard and develop skills designed to help them succeed -- these lessons are often overshadowed by the drinking, arguing, and sexual activity that takes place in the Real World-esque house they all live in. There's also strong language (words like "s--t" and "f--k" are bleeped, bur present) and pretty explicit sex talk (including discussion of virginity, positions, and anal sex).
- Sexual Content
- Flirting, hugging, kissing, strong sexual innuendo, and some casual hookups. Some sexually explicit dialogue, including discussions about sexual positions and anal sex. Ivy's virginity is discussed openly. Marc shares a room with three of the women. Nights on the town feature some provocative dancing. Some camera shots zero in on some female cast members' low-cut blouses (showing cleavage) and other revealing attire.
- Lots of yelling during heated arguments between the interns/roommates. Some shoving, pushing, and hitting. The interns refer to "killing" and "murdering" each other, but it's in the context of beating each other at various challenges.
- Strong language; words like "damn" and "ass" are audible, while "s--t" and "f--k" are bleeped.
- Social Behavior
- The interns often exhibit iffy behavior both on the job and at home, though they do get some limited guidance from Ian Smith. The cast members, all of whom are African American, come from various socioeconomic backgrounds. Five of the interns are female; one is a lesbian.
- Some of the interns work for big-name companies like Toyota, McDonald's, etc. The Toyota Yaris is featured, as are brands like Yoplait and Cover Girl are clearly visible. Chicago clubs, restaurants, and attractions are also seen.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Lots of drinking, including beer, wine, and mixed drinks. Smoking occasionally visible.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it