After watching Bogota gangsters slay her parents in cold blood, young Cataleya Restrepo (Zoe Saldana) dedicates her life to becoming a ruthless assassin on the hunt for the criminals who killed her family.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Olivier Megaton
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
URUnrated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, English SDH, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, English DVS: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
English, English SDH, French, Spanish (Neutral), PortugueseClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS-HD Master Audio, French: DTS-HD Master Audio, Portuguese: DTS-HD Master Audio, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, English DVS: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; making-of featurette; behind-the-scenes featurette; additional featurettes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that although this action movie from producer/writer Luc Besson (The Transporter, Taken) is rated PG-13, it's very violent and intense, revolving around the brutal murder of a 9-year-old girl's family and her subsequent dedication to revenge. There are lots of killings, and the main character kills without any punishment (except for the fact that she has lost all of her loved ones). There's no nudity, but the main character (played by popular Avatar actress Zoe Saldana) wears an array of tight/revealing outfits -- including a see-through tank top -- and there's lots of sexual suggestion. Language is infrequent but includes "f--k" and more than one use of "s--t." Bad guys drink cognac and smoke cigars from time to time.
- Sexual Content
- The main character and her boyfriend have sex, though nothing is shown. A bad guy goes to bed with four voluptuous, bikini-clad women, though there's no nudity. The main character appears in an array of sexy outfits, including a slightly see-through tank top in one scene, and underwear in another. She also takes a shower (nothing sensitive shown). Brief innuendo.
- For the film's first half hour, there's incredible violence as experienced by a 9-year-old girl. Her parents are murdered in front of her. She stabs a man in the hand and leads several other men on a high-action chase. She climbs and jumps from high heights. The men shoot at her, but she escapes. As an adult, the main character devotes her life to revenge and killing. She shoots and kills several men. Viewers see dead bodies and blood. There are hand-to-hand fights, stabbings, and explosions. Men are devoured by both sharks and dogs (mostly off screen).
- Language is strong but fairly infrequent. Words include one use of "f--k," plus "s--t," "bastard," "son of a bitch," "ass," and "oh my God."
- Social Behavior
- The movie's overall message is one of revenge, and the main character destroys everything in her life to carry it out.
- A character has an iPhone that's prominently on display.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Adults -- mainly the bad guys -- drink cognac and champagne and smoke cigars in a background kind of way.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it