Crank 2: High Voltage
Assassin Chev Chelios returns in this action-packed sequel to find the mobster who has literally stolen his heart. As the hit man scours Los Angeles for his enemy, he must continually jolt the mechanical ticker in his chest -- otherwise, he's dead.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- DVD and Blu-ray
RFrenetic strong bloody violence throughout, crude and graphic sexual content, nudity and pervasive language
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; audio commentary; making-of featurette; behind-the-scenes featurette.
English, English SDH, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 7.1 HD, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; making-of featurette; behind-the-scenes featurette; gag reel; trailer; cast and crew interviews.
Crank 2: High VoltageClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this gory, envelope-pushing sequel to Crank is packed with grotesque, bloody, how-do-we-top-this? moments of extraordinary violence, conducted with a smirking, smug sense of bad-boy provocation. It ends up feeling a lot like the filmed version of a video game -- a violent, hyper-stylized, over-the-top game along the lines of Grand Theft Auto (i.e. not for kids). The entire movie is soaked in sex, violence, and slapstick -- often combining all three -- but it's hard to appreciate any of the "fun" amid all the grisly gore, partial nudity, nonstop swearing, and other mature content.
- Sexual Content
- Extensive nudity, including countless scenes featuring female breasts; some scenes show male buttocks, and there are even a few moments featuring animal genitalia. Sex scenes include lots of positions, with theparticipants in front of a massed crowd. Scenes take place in a strip club, where topless women are ogled. They're also seen involved in mortal danger and bloody violence.
- Constant brutal, bloody violence; characters fall gruesomely from great heights and are shot (with brains, guts, and other gore splattering), beaten, battered, struck with batons and truncheons, stabbed, hit with stun guns and electric cattle prods, and more. Standout moments of extreme violence include the lead character repeatedly electrocuting himself to re-charge his artificial heart; a shootout in a strip club in which a woman is shot in her breast implants (which ooze and leak); the tip of a man's elbow being cut off with a machete as an act of torture; a woman being struck by a car; a man being beaten into submission, then having a shotgun forcibly shoved into his nether regions; a criminal cutting his own nipples off with a knife as an act of atonement, and a character literally burning alive. There's also extensive medical imagery related to the main character's heart condition.
- Constant strong language, including (but by no means limited to) "f--k," "motherf----r," 'c--t," "c--k," "c--ksucker," "s--t," "p---y," "p--s," "bastard," "dick," "bitch," "oh my God," "Jesus," "ass," "bulls--t," and more. Slurs like "beaner," "chink," "oriental" and the "N" word are used as well, as are "slut," "whore," "faggot," "vaginal," "gay," "pubes," "wanker," and more.
- Social Behavior
- This is is a vengeance-fueled tale of monstrous indifference toward human life and all possible dignity; while it's all done as an over-the-top exercise in excessive, stylized "fun," it's hard to imagine the satire being the main thing that audiences take away here.
- Some mentions of brands/products -- Mercedes, New Balance, etc.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters drink beer, wine and liquor and smoke cigars and cigarettes. A supporting character's home is littered with prescription drug bottles.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it