Curious George: Swings Into Spring
George is trying to share the wonders of springtime with his best friend, Hundley. But when Hundley loses his way in the countryside, George takes to the skies in a wild adventure on a hot air balloon to find his pal!
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRGeneral Audience. Most parents would find this program suitable for all ages.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Curious George: Swings Into SpringClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Curious George: Swings into Spring is a feature-length movie that introduces preschoolers to nature's changes in spring through music and the notorious little monkey's antics. George's knack for trouble leads him into a mishap, but his motivations are positive and reflect themes of friendship and compassion. This story is a great way to start a dialogue about science and nature and follow up with an exploration of nature's changes in your own backyard.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Some brief peril as George's antics land him in a tight spot, but -- predictably -- there's a happy ending.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Encourages preschoolers' curiosity about nature's cycles and how springtime brings changes to plants and animals. Also promotes positive messages about friendship and makes outdoor exploration enticing for kids.
- The movie is part of an extensive marketing line that includes TV shows, movies, apparel, books, games, and accessories for kids.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it