D2: The Mighty Ducks
The Ducks return to the ice, and Gordon Bombay is once again leading his old team, plus a number of new faces, as the loveable underdogs of the puck face off against competitors at the Junior Goodwill Games in Hollywood.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Sam Weisman
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
D2: The Mighty DucksClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that D2: The Mighty Ducks follows coach Gordon Bombay (Emilio Estevez) as he leads a youth hockey team to the finals of an international tournament. A sequel to the 1992 hit The Mighty Ducks, the film brings the original Ducks and adds a few new players as they face off against a tough Icelandic team that doesn't always play fair. Expect a good amount of hockey action, including some nasty cheap shots that leave players injured, but no swearing, sex, or drinking. It's a fine film about sportsmanship for kids and families.
- There's a lot of full-contact action during the hockey games, including several scenes that show players taking vicious, cheap shots that sometimes leave other people writhing in agony on the ice.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Hard work and teamwork helps the Ducks overcome a team that succeeds by playing dirty. The key is to discover who you are and learn to take advantage of your individual strengths.
- Several well-known professional and Olympic athletes make brief appearances as themselves. One of the main plots follows Coach Bombay as he's seduced by the material comforts of a wealthy sponsor, and in the process forgets some of his values. The team gets their picture on a Wheaties box.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it