Dance with Me
Jaded dance instructor Ruby Sinclair thinks she may have found a competitive dance partner in Rafael Infante, who's working as a handyman. Sparks fly when the two begin rehearsing, and it's clear there's more between them than just rhythm.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Randa Haines
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Interactive Menus; Scene Selections; Theatrical Trailer; Photo Gallery
Dance with MeClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Dance with Me is a romance set in the world of ballroom dancing that has strong messages about having dreams and striving to achieve them. The plot depends upon two past incidents in which children were born to unmarried moms, and one father who is unaware that he has a son. Exuberant, sensual dancing and some revealing costumes stay within the boundaries of traditional ballroom competition. In addition, there is some passionate kissing and occasional mild swearing (i.e., "hell," "goddamn," "a--hole").
- Sexual Content
- Central story line involves an out-of-wedlock birth and a son meeting his disbelieving father for the first time. While there is no overt sexual activity, there are many scenes of vibrant, sensual ballroom dancing. Costumes are sometimes revealing in keeping with the style of dance competitions. Two people who are falling in love kiss several times, intensifying as the relationship grows.
- Not applicable
- Occasional swearing: "son-of-a-bitch," "hell," "goddamn," "ass," "a--hole," "s--t," "I'll be damned."
- Social Behavior
- Values team efforts, self-confidence, and honest hard work. Characters are reminded that first impressions aren't always accurate and that strong, talented people often live beneath quiet, unassuming exteriors. The film finds beauty in and stresses the charm and passion of the Latin American culture, specifically Cuban.
- Lone Star Beer, Greyhound Bus, GMC, Coca Cola, Monte Carlo Hotel (Las Vegas), Easy Spirit, Chevrolet
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Moderate social drinking in several restaurant, bar, and nightclub scenes. A beer is consumed on a fishing trip. Someone goes "out for a smoke." Cuban cigars are offered.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it