Days of Wine and Roses
Joe Clay, a San Francisco public relations man who likes to drink, meets secretary Kirsten Arnesen, who happens to be a teetotaler, and it's a saloon mismatch from the get-go. After a whirlwind courtship and marriage, Kirsten is able to keep pace drinkwise with her husband and it's a downward spiral from there in this searing drama based on a TV drama first aired on Playhouse 90.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Blake Edwards
- 1963 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Filmed in B&W; interactive menus; scene access.
Days of Wine and RosesClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it