After living together for years at a Catholic orphanage, four teenage boys must face the likelihood that they'll never be adopted. But while on vacation, the boys become rivals as they compete for the affections of two prospective parents.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Rod Hardy
- This movie is
PG-13Sexual content, nudity, underage drinking and smoking
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; additional scenes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that underage boys secretly smoke, drink beer and wine, and try to catch glimpses of women in states of undress. Their attempts are amateurish and relatively innocent. One scene dramatizes an adolescent boy's introduction to kissing and sexuality by a precocious girl slightly older, but experienced. No nudity involved, but there is kissing, suggestive touching, and a clear implication that sexual intercourse takes place when the scene ends. The fact that Maps, the boy involved, is played by Daniel Radcliffe, best known as Harry Potter, adds to the provocative nature of the scene.
- Sexual Content
- Young boys look at brassiere ads, spy on adult females undressing in shadows and silhouetted in shower. Adolescent girl seduces innocent hero, kissing him and showing him how to touch her. He unbuttons his pants and off-screen sexual intercourse is implied. No nudity or other overt sexuality in this scene.
- Boy hits adult male once in face with fist; boys briefly wrestle angrily with no resulting injuries; younger boy hits older friend with a stick several times, bruising his face.
- Infrequent mild swearing: "hell," "for Christ's sake," "s--t."
- Social Behavior
- Conflict comes from mildly immature and insensitive behavior of four orphaned boys visiting a small village populated by principled, well-meaning adults. There are no villains here. Even a mentally unbalanced member of the community is treated humanely and with respect. As the boys begin to trust and depend upon the adults in the town, as well as each other, positive lessons are learned.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Boys hide cigarettes and smoke in numerous scenes; boys sneak beer and drink it; teen boy and girl share wine from bottle.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it