Framed for kidnapping Kyla, the princess of a hated rival race, young dreamer Delgo must both prove his innocence and persuade the two warring tribes to unite and save the princess from their common enemy. This fantastical animated adventure boasts the vocal talent of an all-star cast, including Freddie Prinze Jr., Jennifer Love Hewitt, Anne Bancroft, Val Kilmer, Eric Idle, Chris Kattan and Michael Clarke Duncan.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; behind-the-scenes featurette; deleted scenes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this adventure features some mature themes, including war, political corruption, armed occupation, race relations, and genocide -- not exactly what you expect from an animated fantasy film. While the language is mostly insults, and the sexuality is limited to flirting and one innocent kiss, the violence is rather prominent and frequent. The entire plot revolves around getting two races to declare war on each other, and some scenes portray atrocities that one army committed against innocent civilians. The protagonist creatures may be winged, but this is no fairy tale.
- Sexual Content
- A couple shares one kiss; another couple flirts and hugs.
- A few characters are killed -- one is poisoned, one is stabbed, others are slain off-screen -- but there's no blood. Brawls break out between the Lockni and the Nohrin that eventually escalate to war on two separate occasions. Sedessa leads a slaughter of the Lockni people. Characters are threatened, imprisoned, and kidnapped.
- Mostly disparaging remarks about the other race of creatures -- like "savages," "stupid," "inferior," "silly," "ignorant," etc.
- Social Behavior
- The two groups of creatures can't seem to get along and frequently make "racist" remarks about each other. A character is so blinded by power and ambition that she's willing to sacrifice her family to rule, and characters are easily corrupted. But there are two strong young characters who fall in love despite coming from different backgrounds.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it