After breaking into a high-security vault, thieves discover an ancient crypt that holds the corpse of Dracula. Freed from a century of confinement, the count travels to New Orleans to quench his thirst for blood and find the key to eternal life.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Patrick Lussier
- This movie is
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary by director Patrick Lussier and writer Joel Soisson; making-of featurette; deleted footage with commentary; trailer; storyboards; audition footage.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that preteens and young teens may want to watch this movie at a slumber party, but the content is too scary and sexual for most. Parents should know that multiple characters are stalked and murdered, and rise again as vampires. A chase into a graveyard lands the main character in an occupied casket. We see a boat littered with bloodied corpses. We're also treated to two impalements by iron spike, innumerable murders by severed jugular, a hanging, extremely rough hand-to-hand combat, and a beheading. Vampires are executed with silver compound bows and a silver shotgun that fires extremely large bullets.
- Sexual Content
- Dracula keeps a writhing harem of female vampires and sexually mesmerizes all women. He has sex with Mary's roommate (little is shown).
- Two impalements by iron spike, innumerable murders by severed jugular, a hanging, extremely rough hand-to-hand combat, and a beheading. Vampires are executed with silver compound bows and a silver shotgun that fires extremely large bullets. Multiple char
- Four-letter words and scatological exclamations.
- Social Behavior
- Dracula's female victims act like fantasy Playboy bunnies and combine sex and death in a disturbing way. Black cast members seem to be afterthoughts.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it