In this animated fantasy series, a legendary 3,000-year-old dragon named Beau returns to fulfill an age-old prophecy on the eve of a violent conflict between Dragon City's humans and the flying beasts surrounding them. By bestowing the title of Dragon Booster on 16-year-old stable boy Artha Penn, Beau hopes to stop the war and preserve the peace between the two species. But is the adolescent up to the task of saving the world?
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; making-of featurette; trailer; featurettes - 1. handheld game codes, 2. trading game card tips, 3. meet the penn racing crew.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this anime-style action cartoon has both fantasy and sci-fi elements. The dragon riders battle evil forces with their mighty scaled companions. The fantasy violence includes the dragons fighting and bashing about, but it's not graphic. The program is also strongly linked to merchandising and promotes its toy line, video games, and collectible card game.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Dragons smash and bash into each other. Lots of fighting, but none of it's particularly graphic.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Artha seeks to bring peace to a war-ridden city.
- The show is clearly a vehicle to sell a vast array of products, from toys to video games.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it