Dumb and Dumber: Unrated
Full of scatological humor, this unrated comic romp stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels as the dim-bulb title characters who get more than they bargained for when they try to return a briefcase left at the airport by socialite Mary Swanson (Lauren Holly). Unaware that the case is crammed with cash intended for the baddies who abducted Mary's husband, the two cretins set out on a cross-country trip to find her -- with the kidnappers not far behind.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Peter Farrelly
- DVD and Blu-ray
- Top 100 Laughs nominee
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; deleted scenes; alternate ending; cast and crew information; easter eggs.
English, German, English SDHClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 HD, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, German: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; additional footage and scenes; alternate endings; Retrospective documentary; deliriously dumb moments; trailers.
Dumb and Dumber: UnratedClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Dumb and Dumber is unapologetically crass. The Farrelly Brothers deliver nonstop, gut-churning laughs for adults as well as kids; however, parents of preteens should be advised of slapstick violence and moderate sexual content. It's your call, parents, as to whether you want your preteens seeing this. The PG-13 rating -- for comedic violence, explosive bowels, and sexual situations -- is a sound recommendation for your supervision. Teenagers will laugh themselves sore. Adults who believe they're above this sort of thing may find themselves pleasantly mistaken.
- Sexual Content
- A few partially exposed rears, plus plenty of sexual banter and sexual terms like "hooters."
- Some shooting and slapstick violence. In an elaborate fantasy sequence, Lloyd tears a chef's heart out and deposits it in a bloody doggy bag. A practical joke results in death. Lloyd is in danger of being raped by a man in a toilet stall. Off-camera, a bad guy twists a parakeet's head off (the damage is later repaired with tape).
- Strong language includes "s--t," "bastard," "d--k," and "crap."
- Social Behavior
- Lots of dumb humor, though some messages of friendship.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some smoking and drinking, plus some pill popping.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it