Eloise in Hollywood
After a visit to a Hollywood film set with Nanny, Eloise is offered the lead role in a major movie after its temperamental child star is fired. But Eloise quickly learns that filmmaking isn't really the glamorous excitement she expected. It's hard work, too! Based on the beloved books by Kay Thompson, the family-friendly film features the voice talents of Lynn Redgrave, Tim Curry, Cynthia Nixon and Lacey Chabert.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
TV-YAll Children. This program is designed to be appropriate for all children.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Eloise in HollywoodClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that in the unexpected and prolonged absence of Mommy, Eloise and her beloved Nanny check out of the Plaza Hotel in NYC to take an exciting visit to Hollywood. Along the way Eloise meets a spoiled child star or two and gets a reality check about what it's really like to be a movie actress. Eloise engineers a second chance for another character, but does so in a manner that includes lying, helped by the trusted adults in her life.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable
- Nanny says "Oh My Lord" and "God Save the Queen" just like in the books.
- Social Behavior
- Eloise's exuberance sometimes strays into dangerous behavior, as when she sneaks away on the train. A rude character gets her comeuppance and begs for a second chance, which Eloise engineers through duplicitous means. Nanny is a warm and loving presence who almost makes up for Eloise's absentee parents.
- Adult viewers may want to book a suite at the Plaza Hotel in NY or the Hollywood Hills Hotel after seeing this, but it's not likely to affect the kids much.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it