Julia Roberts earned an Oscar in this unconventional drama based on actual events for her portrayal of Erin Brockovich, a twice-divorced mother of three who sees an injustice, takes on the bad guy and wins -- with a little help from her push-up bra.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Steven Soderbergh
- 2001 BAFTA®
- 2001 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama)
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Theatrical trailer, web access, deleted scenes, cast/crew bios, parental lock, production notes, featurette, enhanced for 16x9 TVs, closed captioned
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the movie's R rating comes from very strong language and some sexual references (Erin jokes that she got the cooperation of the town's residents by performing sexual favors). And no matter how high the settlement, the fact remains that children and their families were made terribly ill, and no amount of money will make up for that.
- Sexual Content
- Sexual references and situations.
- Sad illnesses and deaths.
- Very strong language.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking and smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it