Inspired by executive producer Christopher Reeve's indomitable perseverance, this animated fable chronicles the story of young ballplayer Yankee Irving (voiced by Jake T. Austin), who journeys a thousand miles to help Babe Ruth and the Bronx Bombers win the World Series. A host of stars lend their voices, including Brian Dennehy, William H. Macy, Whoopi Goldberg, Rob Reiner, Robert Wagner and Dana Reeve.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
Widescreen 2.35:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; director's commentary; making-of featurette.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Everyone's Hero is a 2006 animated movie about baseball. OK, so it's the same old "persevering against the odds" theme that's been done a million times. That said, it's a pleasant look back at an era when kids plastered their rooms with baseball banners and heroes could be found at every baseball stadium. Some smoking among adult characters. The kids at the sandlot throw things at Yankee. Lefty gets assaulted in a variety of cartoon ways: kicked in the face, slammed onto a railroad track, and smacked by a baseball bat. Yankee encounters peril on the trip. Babe Ruth bobblehead dolls are violently decapitated by the Cubs owner. Some name-calling and mild profanity include "butt," "jerk," and "booger."
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- The kids at the sandlot throw things at Yankee. Lefty gets assaulted in a variety of cartoon ways: kicked in the face, slammed onto a railroad track, and smacked by a baseball bat. Yankee encounters peril on the trip. Babe Ruth bobblehead dolls are violently decapitated by the Cubs owner.
- "Butt," "jerk," "booger." "Don't make me break out my whoopin' stick!" (uttered by the bat); the sandlot kids talk rudely to Yankee.
- Social Behavior
- If you "keep swingin'" you will succeed. Perseverance is the key to self-esteem. Good friends and family will be there for you.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some smoking among adult characters.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it