In this affecting slice-of-life yarn set in Los Angeles, a rocky romance is in the offing when insecure, mousy meter maid Claire Barney embarks on an intimate relationship with bitter fellow traffic cop Jay Caswell.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Cecilia Miniucchi
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; making-of featurette.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this mature indie dramedy revolves around a tentative, troubled romance between adults and probably won't have too much appeal for kids, or even many teens. It's fairly explicit about sex, with one main character using Internet pornography and even prostitutes to satisfy his needs, even while he's seeing someone. He's not painted as an out-and-out "bad guy" for his behavior, either. There's also a scene with masturbation, as well as some strong language (including "f--k" and "s--t"), drinking, and references to drug use.
- Sexual Content
- A character peruses online pornography; a character masturbates (images aren't graphic); characters kiss and have sex; a character calls a sex-chat line and later avails himself of the services of a prostitute.
- A character is hit by a car; another character scuffles with an angry bystander. The main characters wrestle with each other.
- Some crude language, including "f--k," "ass," "s--t," "bitch," "retard," a--hole," "p---y," "nipples," "whore," "sluts," and references to "down there."
- Social Behavior
- The film suggests that one character's use of pornography and prostitutes has damaged the person's capacity to form real attachments. A supporting character passes away. City property is misused, with ramifications.
- Some brands mentioned and shown on screen, including M&Ms, Subway, Carl's Junior, Corvette.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Alcohol -- champagne, wine, and cocktails -- is consumed; a character refers to years being lost to drug use.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it