As Det. Scott Galban investigates the strange circumstances behind his partner's death, a succession of unusual events unfolds -- prompting a revelation from a young teacher who asserts that she witnessed a miracle.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Declan Dale
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Exposed is a grim police procedural intercut with a supernatural story about a young Dominican woman who sees apparitions or possibly ghosts. It has lots of mature content and themes, including rape, incest, drug dealing, child abuse, and murder. The rape scene includes facial expressions and sounds; a little girl bears bruises that appear to indicate sexual abuse at home. Characters are beaten, stabbing and shooting murders are shown on and off-screen, and a stabbed body is seen with blood on the shirt. Adults drink and smoke, and frequent strong language includes the "N" word, "f--k," and much more. A woman seduces a man, but the actual sex act isn't shown, and there's no nudity. A woman claims that she's been impregnated by "miracle."
- Sexual Content
- A man is seduced; the couple is seen before and after having sex; no nudity is seen. A man asks his fiancee to show him her breasts via Skype, but no nudity is shown.
- A cop beats a source/suspect in front of the latter's wife and baby. A rape is depicted, showing the face of the screaming victim and the sounds of the violent attack. Bodies of gang execution victims are shown. Three stabbings are shown; only one shows the bloody wound. A shooting murder occurs off-screen. A man with a gunshot wound is shown grimacing in pain. A little girl bears bruises that appear to indicate sexual abuse at home. Discussion of a cop having violated a perp using a sharp object. A man's dog is killed by a car; no blood is shown.
- "Shut up," "f--k," "s--t," "co------er," the "N" word, "f----t," "suck," "prick," "p---y," "ass."
- Social Behavior
- Cops can be criminals. Parents don't always protect their children from harm. Innocent people can be killed.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Adults smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it