Family Guy: It's A Trap!
An outrageous "Family Guy"-style remake of Return of the Jedi, this Star Wars spoof finds Chris Skywalker and Princess Lois attempting to rescue Peter Solo from Jabba the Hutt, defeat the mighty Stewie Vader and blow up the second Death Star. This wacky animated parody features off-the-wall Star Trek: The Next Generation guests including Patrick Stewart as Captain Jean-Luc Picard and Michael Dorn as Lieutenant Worf.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Peter Shin
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; additional featurettes.
Family Guy: It's A Trap!Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Family Guy: It's a Trap! is the third part in a trilogy of Star Wars parodies, performed by the characters of TV's raunchy animated comedy Family Guy. It sticks fairly close to the story, dialogue, and images of Return of the Jedi, and adds the usual combination of crude humor, sexual innuendo, and pop culture references with some strong language (a few uses of "f--k" and "s--t"). There's also a good deal of cartoon/fantasy violence, with severed limbs, spattering blood, and gushing brains, among other things.
- Sexual Content
- Lots of sexual innuendo here. Leia appears in a revealing costume, and a character strokes her leg. We see "hot" girls in bikinis from time to time, and there are jokes about them. There is a reference to a woman's period, a reference to the shaving of private areas, and a website of Han Solo's called "hanjobs.com."
- This movie is heavy on the fantasy violence, with extra gore thrown in for comic effect. We see various creatures and Stormtroopers slain, with severed limbs, gushing brains, spurting blood. Characters shoot "blasters" at one another. Jabba is choked to death, and the Emperor kills two kids who are annoying him in a swimming pool. In one scene, "Han Solo" decides to ramp up the violence and forces some enemy troops to "dig their own graves" and "cut off that guy's face and wear it as your own."
- "F--k" is heard at least four times. Other words include "s--t," "hell," "ass," "rectum," "Goddamn," "rub your wang," "dick," "poop," "damn," "crap," "butthole," "douche," and "oh my God."
- Social Behavior
- There may be some good messages inadvertently left over from Return of the Jedi, but this movie is mostly about behaving badly and making fun of things.
- The movie has a reference to "Chips Ahoy" cookies. Additionally, the DVD contains ads for more Family Guy products.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- "Darth Stewie" is seen drinking in bar. He's playing an adult character here, and the character has adult intelligence, but the character is actually a baby. Also, we see a minor character smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it