Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Writer Cameron Crowe's coming-of-age classic follows the ups and downs of a group of high school students over the course of a year in 1980s California. The cast includes Sean Penn as a stoner surfer and Jennifer Jason Leigh as a virginal freshman.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Amy Heckerling
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
- Top 100 Laughs
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: DTS 5.1 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; Filmed in B&W; interactive menus; director's commentary; photo gallery; featurettes.
English SDH, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 HD, Spanish (Neutral): DTS 2.0 HDOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Fast Times at Ridgemont HighClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film explores several issues involved with being a teenager. Sex is a major topic of the film. There are several scenes of semi-nudity (topless girls) and frank discussions between characters about sex. Featured in the film is a fifteen-year-old girl becoming pregnant and having an abortion, simulated oral sex using produce, and a male character masturbating. The film treats the topic of sex seriously, though, and does not glorify or advocate casual sex. There is also a significant amount of drug use, as one of the main characters attends class frequently under the influence of marijuana, and smokes it on-screen, however, with consequences. There is some strong language.
- Sexual Content
- A girl takes her bikini top off in a fantasy sequence, masturbation, depictions of male/female intercourse, an abortion.
- A locker room scuffle is quickly defused. A pot of hot coffee is thrown at a would-be convenience store robber.
- Some strong language.
- Social Behavior
- A character fails to help a girl he impregnated. Friends clash.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters smoke marijuana onscreen.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it