After recognizing a high school basketball star's exceptional writing talent, award-winning novelist William Forrester decides to mentor the youngster, who harbors a passion not usually associated with jocks: He's obsessed with words.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Gus Van Sant
PG-13Brief strong language and some sexual references
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; making-of featurette; production notes; cast & crew filmographies; trailer.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has brief strong language and sexual references and situations (Jamal's neighbors have loud sex on the other side of his bedroom wall). Forrester says that women will have sex with anyone who has written a book. Jamal and Claire take their relationship very slowly and show a lot of respect and concern for each other. Forrester drinks a good bit, and talks about a character who died in a drunk driving accident.
- Sexual Content
- Overheard sounds of couple having sex, some sexual references.
- Some tense moments -- characters push one another, one character throws a glass into a wall.
- Some strong language including "f--k."
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Character drinks often, reference to drunk driving accident.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it