Fireman Sam: To the Rescue
Fearless Fireman Sam and his Pontypandy Fire Brigade meet more exciting challenges in this collection of episodes from the popular children's series. Their adventures include an encounter with a bug-eyed boy from Venus and a run-in with some sheep.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
TV-GGeneral Audience. Most parents would find this program suitable for all ages.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Fireman Sam: To the RescueClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this appealing series teaches fire safety to preschoolers. Sam is a colorful Welsh firefighter who's also a responsive member of his community and a loving uncle to his niece and nephew. Young viewers will be delighted by the stop-motion animation (which creates soft visuals), the colorful backdrops of the charming Welsh village, and the funny dialogue. Storylines focus on situations that require the firefighters' help, such as someone's pet dog getting stuck in a fence or a child accidentally knocking over a lit jack-o'-lantern and starting a fire. Sensitive viewers may need a parent nearby to help them understand that all of the characters are safe in the end.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Some of the fires and other crises that Sam faces may frighten the youngest viewers, but everyone is always safe in the end.
- Welsh accents and expressions.
- Social Behavior
- Sam shows how to stay calm in a crisis. He also relies on his team to help him solve problems.
- Tie-in products are inevitable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it