Widowed history professor Thomas Bradley (Billy Zane) and his 12-year-old daughter Serena (Amber Savva) journey to an idyllic Greek island so Thomas can research ancient love spells. But once there, Serena plays matchmaker for her dad and a lovely mermaid named Neried (Kelly Brook). Meanwhile, evil fisherman Captain Mavros will stop at nothing to get his hooks into Neried's jewel-encrusted tail in this romantic family adventure.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Alki David
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
English SDH, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this father-daughter comedy would be quite inoffensive were it not for the fact that it's mind-numbingly boring. It makes little sense, plot-wise, and though the heroine is a plucky 12-year-old who may appeal to tween viewers, it's really jumbled. There's some minor swearing, but not much.
- Sexual Content
- Nothing racy; some mild flirting and scenes with bikini-clad women. The mermaid here is, like previous movie mermaids, naked from the waist up except for scales that cover her breasts.
- Errant fireworks ignite a bride's dress; a chicken is bludgeoned (though we don't see anything except for a few flying feathers); a marble statue falls on a man. A man slaps his tween son.
- Not much swearing, except for the words "bitch" and "a-hole" (not "asshole").
- Social Behavior
- Love comes from unexpected sources and at unexpected times.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- A champagne bottled is popped at a wedding.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it