Flirting with Disaster
In this comedy of errors, soon-to-be father Mel Coplin sets out to find his birth parents, accompanied by his wife and sexy female adoption agent. Their quest becomes even more anarchic once drug dealers and a pair of gay FBI agents get involved.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- David O. Russell
- This movie is
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Flirting with DisasterClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this dark comedy about family relationships includes frank discussions of sex -- oral sex, gay sex, circumcision, and more. Actual sex is more implied than seen, though there is some kissing and groping, including between two men. Expect some smoking and a humorous portrayal of an LSD-induced trip. Adults swear occasionally ("s--t," "f--k," "ass").
- Sexual Content
- Several frank discussions about sex, oral sex, gay sex, circumcision, and fidelity. A woman prepares for a sex-date with her husband and oral sex is implied. Her husband later flirts with, and kisses, another woman, while the wife become entangled with an old friend who is not as gay as he claims to be.
- Two men threaten a couple who they suspect are trespassing. A drugged-out man gets conked on the head with a frying pan after he pulls a gun on a trio of drug dealers.
- Occasional swearing, including "s--t," "ass," "bitch," and "f--k."
- Social Behavior
- Family is more about who you choose to be with instead of where you come from. Plus, it takes work to maintain a marriage and it's important not to neglect your spouse. There's a comical approach to drugs embedded in the movie.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some characters smoke cigarettes and drink socially. Two people make their living producing and selling LSD, and one character accidentally gets a large dose and spends a long, humorous night tripping.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it