Follow That Bird
After the Feathered Friends Society decides that Big Bird should be living with "his own kind," he's shipped to a new home with the Dodo family. But homesick and lonely, Big Bird flies the coop on a cross-country journey back to his friends. Getting back to Sesame Street won't be easy though, as he runs afoul of a sleazy duo who wants to clip his wings. A flock of celebrity cameos includes John Candy and Chevy Chase.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Ken Kwapis
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), French, PortugueseClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital Mono, Portuguese: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; jump-to-a-song feature.
Follow That BirdClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that little ones might be confused about why the "Feathered Friends" take Big Bird away from his home on Sesame Street and place him in a home with another family. The social-worker-as-villain concept might seem a bit odd to anyone who has adopted a child, but Big Bird does end up in his rightful, colorful place: on Sesame Street.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Locking Big Bird in a cage is sad, but not violent, per se.
- The Sleaze Brothers yell at each other, saying "Shut up!" Sam Sleaze says "Check the gams on that butterball," when he sees Big Bird for the first time.
- Social Behavior
- Friends become family in this heartwarming film. The Sleaze Brothers are not such nice guys, locking Big Bird in a cage and making him sing for money!
- True Value hardware sign. The Sleaze Brothers are out to make money at all costs.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it