Frosty the Snowman / Frosty Returns
The frozen holiday hero gets a warm reception in this enchanting double feature. In Frosty the Snowman, a magician's discarded hat gives life to a snowman, who quickly wins the hearts of all the town's children. Jimmy Durante narrates the yuletide classic. In Frosty Returns, Frosty (voiced by John Goodman) and his friends must stop an inventor's plot to go public with a diabolical creation: an aerosol spray that can melt massive amounts of snow.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital Mono
Frosty the Snowman / Frosty ReturnsClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this classic holiday cartoon has a few mildly perilous and sad scenes and one villain in the form of a bumbling magician. Frosty occasionally loses the magic hat that brings him to life, and of course the small-town kids are sad when Frosty is just an ordinary snowman instead of their friendly, walking, talking pal. Frosty's young friend Karen runs away from home in order to help Frosty, but she truly believes she'll only be gone for a little while and no one will notice. In a few short scenes, Karen is in danger of freezing, and in the saddest scene, Frosty completely melts, and Karen believes he's gone forever -- but it's a family holiday movie, so of course he's not. Parents should also know that this DVD is often paired with Frosty Returns, a loose sequel from 1992 that isn't nearly as fun.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Frosty melts, and Karen wonders if he's gone forever.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- A brave girl helps her friend Frosty get to the North Pole so he doesn't melt. A villainous magician tries to retrieve his magic hat without caring what happens to poor Frosty without it. Like other Christmas classics from the 1960s, this show doesn't represent any minorities -- all of the characters are white.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Frosty never actually smokes his requisite corncob pipe.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it