Fun with Dick & Jane
After losing their high-paying corporate jobs, an upwardly mobile couple turns to robbing banks to maintain their standard of living. Though pulling off heists begins as a desperate measure, the pair soon enjoys it -- and it gets to be a habit.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Dean Parisot
- This movie is
PG-13Brief language, some sexual humor and occasional humorous drug references
Widescreen 2.35:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, French: DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Fun with Dick & JaneClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this comedy includes some cursing and broad physical, occasionally violent comedy. Characters drink and act drunkenly; they make jokes about sex (with two scenes leaning toward activity, one in a married couple's bed and one in the car). Characters steal, lie, blackmail, and cheat to get money.
- Sexual Content
- Jokes about prostitution, a married couple "makes a date" for sex; a woman refers to her breasts as "pooties" excited by a robbery, they have sex in their car (scene is brief and jokey).
- Dick and Jane rob convenience stores and banks with toy guns; he's beaten, arrested, and dumped over the Mexican border by the INS.
- Mild language ("screwed," "piss," s-word, one mispronunciation that sounds like the s-word, one f-word).
- Social Behavior
- Wronged by the corrupt system, the couple gets even, never rejecting the consumerist ethos that gets them in trouble in the first place.
- References to Starbucks, cars (BMWs, Mercedes), Sony Vaio, Camel cigarettes, Fanta, Bounty paper towels.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking and drunkenness, references to cigarettes and marijuana (as a cash crop, and a single joint on screen).
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it