Futurama the Movie: Bender's Big Score
The wacky Planet Express crew returns and soon finds themselves victimized by scheming alien nudists who control Bender through a computer virus, using him to go back in time to pinch ancient treasures. Can the gang reverse the damage?
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Dwayne Carey-Hill
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary; featurettes.
Futurama the Movie: Bender's Big ScoreClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this DVD offshoot of the Futurama animated TV show is raunchier and more violent than the show. There is more sexual content (visiting a nude beach planet, aliens with penises on their heads and other penis gags) and violent moments (bodies are ground up, hands and heads are cut off).
- Sexual Content
- The crew visits a nude beach planet, though nothing untoward is visible. An alien's genitalia is on his head. The alien uses Fry's penis to sign for delivery. Hermes' wife leaves him for another man and makes out with him. Some sexual innuendo (when Hermes' head is sewn on backwards, an alien remarks, "Your tail is wagging."). Leela and Lars kiss. Fry discovers his girlfriend in bed and making out with another man.
- Considerable cartoonish violence. The bodies of executives are ground up and used for a variety of purposes. Hermes' head gets cut off several times and occasionally sewn back on. Bender cuts off Farnsworth's hand. A blast kills a dog. Bender kills Fry. Robot Santa tries to kill the crew. A ship falls on Zoidberg.
- Some swearing, including "ass," "hell," and "damn."
- Social Behavior
- A lot of antisocial behavior, such as stealing, killing, threatening, and jealousy.
- Fox Broadcasting is referred to.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Bender drinks beer.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it