Garfield's Fun Fest
Garfield has long been the reigning title holder at FunFest, Cartoon World's yearly competition for the funniest comic strip in the land. But this time, Garfield must battle the tall, handsome Ramone for the coveted honor -- with hilarious results.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- DVD and streaming
NRGeneral Audience. Most parents would find this program suitable for all ages.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailers; interactive games.
Garfield's Fun FestClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Garfield's Fun Fest looks like a little kid's movie but has some rude behavior, iffy language ("you suck"), minor innuendo, and mature themes that could be too much for younger kids. Plus, there are loads of fat jokes at every turn, and much of the plot focuses on the various philosophies behind what makes a joke funny. Best for tweens and up.
- Sexual Content
- A plot point involves Garfield fighting to win back the affections of fellow cat Arlene from the persistent Ramon. There's some minor suggestive behavior: In one scene, some characters swoon over the attractiveness of another character. In another, a female cat wearing a suggestive red dress has visible cleavage. Another character has an extremely exaggerated bust. In a final scene, two cats kiss.
- Minor comic peril, such as alligators snapping angrily after Garfield but never catching him. In another scene, Garfield must produce funny jokes or be dumped into a river.
- Loads of fat jokes at every turn. Elsewhere, minor insulting language, such as "you suck," and several instances of escalating insult jokes, such as, "He's so short he could pose as a statue."
- Social Behavior
- There are some positive messages about following your heart and not losing sight of your dreams, but they are not particularly well demonstrated.
- Though there are no explicit Garfield tie-ins in the film, the Garfield character and its associated toys, films, pet food, coloring books, and assorted items are a one-billion-dollar franchise recognized around the world, so it's likely to lead to a little brand recognition next time you're out and about.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it