Garfield's Pet Force
When an alien menace and her army of undead minions threaten to enslave the world -- and worse, disrupt Garfield's cookout -- the courageous cat shakes off his lethargy and heads up a team of comic-strip superheroes to save the day. But when the going gets tough and his pals are imperiled by the otherworldly forces, will Garfield prove he's up to the challenge -- or is it too late for the well-fed feline to change his slothful stripes?
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Mark A.Z. Dippé
- This movie is
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Garfield's Pet ForceClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Garfield is thrown into the role of action hero when an alien invader turns his world upside down. The alien and Garfield both shoot a gigantic laser gun that turns normal people into zombies. Younger viewers might be frightened by the weird zombies and the destruction of the peaceful town. Adults might wonder why the Garfield franchise decided to make a lazy cat into a gun-toting action hero. There's also some rude behavior, name calling, and sexual innuendos.
- Sexual Content
- Women are objectified subtly and not-so-subtly. All females have shapely bodies dressed in clingy clothing. Betty has a huge bosom, which makes her appetite for Garzooka even more suggestive. Multiple kisses at the end of the movie. Women jump on male characters and kiss them.
- A big laser gun dominates the plot of the movie. Vetvix wields it to turn people into scary and weird zombies, and Garfield uses it to reverse the spell. The zombies look strange and may be scary for young kids. Also, there's destruction of homes and buildings by a big monster.
- "You idiot," "this sucks," and the like.
- Social Behavior
- Let's see, besides the gun play, the food obsession, and the sexual innuendo, what other substandard messages are there? Oh, how about that no one is safe from aliens taking over the universe at any given time? And that people will take advantage of nice guys like the Emperor of Dorkon just for their own gain?
- Garfield, consume? Heck yes, a whole package of hot dogs, lemonade, anything he can get his hands on.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- In order to become the Pet Force, Nermal, Arlene, and Odie have to drink a potion, which gives them special powers.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it