Girls Just Want to Have Fun
When Lynne convinces her shy friend Janey to sneak out to audition for her favorite TV dance show, Janey makes the cut. Soon, the girls find themselves on a wild adventure filled with cute boys, mean rich kids and parents that just don't understand.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Alan Metter
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
PGParental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1, Pan-and-Scan 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; region 1 encoding; interactive menus; scene access; enhanced for 16x9 TVs; theatrical trailer.
Girls Just Want to Have FunClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie is mostly PG -- there's only a little kissing and no drinking, swearing, or drug use. But there's considerable -- and benign -- teenage rebellion. Janey moves to a new school, meets a wild girl, and starts ditching class and sneaking out of her house to meet a boy. She doesn't do anything dangerous, but she does learn to be insubordinate to her parents. There are also gratuitous shots of girls sitting around their bedrooms in their underwear.
- Sexual Content
- Natalie is shown lounging around her room in lingerie. Janey hangs out in her bedroom in underwear and a tank top. There's some innocent but sexy dancing. Drew cons a girl into letting him grab her breasts. Janey and Jeff kiss.
- Teens break through a glass window and comically throw a character into a cake.
- "Butthead" is as strong as it gets.
- Social Behavior
- The movie centers on rebellious teens -- a lot of what they get up to is on the mild side (ditching class, sneaking out of the house to meet boys, and crashing parties), but their behavior doesn't send a strong positive message to young viewers.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Wine is served at a party, but no teens drink it, and no one gets drunk.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it