Goodbye, Mr. Chips
The unlikely love that blooms between an impossibly square schoolmaster (Peter O'Toole) and a flashy dancehall girl (Petula Clark) leads to matrimony and livelier days at Brookfield Boys School in director Herbert Ross's musical adaptation of James Hilton's popular novel. Clark lends her voice to beloved tunes like "Walk Through the World" and "You and I," while O'Toole performs "What a Lot of Flowers,""Where Did My Childhood Go?" and more.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Herbert Ross
- This movie is
- 1970 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy)
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
- 1970 Academy Award®
- Best Actor nominee: Peter O'Toole
- Best Music Score nominee
GGeneral audiences. All ages admitted.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English SDH, French, Japanese, ThaiClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailers.
Goodbye, Mr. ChipsClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it