In connected tales, a documentary filmmaker threatens to reveal a woman's long-held secret, a gold digger uses a young man to get to his father, and a gay man suspects his partner might be the father of their friend's baby.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Don Roos
- This movie is
- 2006 Independent Spirit Awards®
- Best Supporting Female nominee: Maggie Gyllenhaal
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; deleted scenes; director's commentary; making-of featurette.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie includes sexual language and situations (one discreet insinuation of masturbation), drinking, smoking, and some drug use. It features a violent start (a woman is hit by a car), frank discussions of abortion and artificial insemination, as well as characters' lies regarding parentage, sexual orientation, background (for instance, illegal immigration and marriage), and ambitions. Themes are designed for mature viewers, though difficult ideas are here turned into comedy (some of this is bittersweet).
- Sexual Content
- Sexual activity and discussions (abortion, homosexuality, masturbation).
- A car accident.
- Strong, in intimate use -- conversations and arguments.
- Social Behavior
- Characters lie and worry about lying.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking, smoking, some drug use.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it