Harry and the Hendersons
Returning home from vacation, the Hendersons accidentally run over a strange Bigfoot-type animal. They decide to take the friendly "Harry" home, but soon they're scrambling to hide their new friend from authorities and Bigfoot hunters.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- William Dear
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
- 1988 Academy Award®
- Best Makeup
PGParental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English SDH, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; deleted scenes; behind-the-scenes featurette; making-of featurette; trailer.
Harry and the HendersonsClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the action scenes are kept cartoonish. The male Hendersons are avid hunters -- Grandpa Henderson owns a gun store and his son works there. Also, Mr. Henderson holds up a rabbit he's just killed as his son cheers; citizens arm themselves and go on hunting parties to kill Bigfoot. There's no blood and no one gets shot, but lots of guns and ammunition are shown. There are a few scuffles and minor fights. Some adults and one child swear, using many versions of "s--t."
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Most action is cartoon-like; minor fighting but no blood. Some of the main characters are avid hunters, and there are plenty of scenes with guns and shooting, but no blood.
- Littlest Henderson cusses ("holy s--t," and "sucks"); adults use "s--t-load," "s--tless," "bulls--t," "hell," "goddamn," "Christ's sake," and "bastard."
- Social Behavior
- The Henderson family tries to save Harry from being killed by hunters or put on display. The story is set in an area where hunting is common/popular. The Henderson family bonds are strengthened in the end.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it