As two driven professionals -- an illustrious detective (Al Pacino) and a sophisticated thief (Robert De Niro) -- face off, they learn how much they need each other, and that the line between cop and criminal isn't always well-defined. Brilliantly directed by Michael Mann, Heat is a hyperkinetic crime drama about two men on opposite sides of the law who approach life in much the same way. Val Kilmer, Tom Sizemore and Jon Voight co-star.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Michael Mann
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
- Top 100 Thrills nominee
RViolence and language
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
French: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; director's commentary; trailers; documentaries.
English SDH, French, German, Spanish (Neutral), PortugueseClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby True HD, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, German: Dolby Digital 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; making-of featurette; behind-the-scenes featurette; deleted scenes; trailer.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Heat features numerous bloody shooting deaths; a serial killer who bludgeons a young, scantily clad prostitute; and tense situations during the commission of robberies and revenge killings. Expect multiple instances of "f--k," "s--t," "motherf---ker," and "ass." A naive lonely woman goes home with a stranger and has sex with him. Two married women have affairs when they're dissatisfied with their difficult husbands.
- Sexual Content
- A naive lonely woman goes home with a stranger and has sex with him. A clothed couple kisses.
- Masked men rob a bank, yelling obscenities at innocent bystanders, threatening to shoot. They shoot police officers who chase them, and we see their bloodied bodies. One robber grabs a child as hostage and is shot in the face by a police officer. A serial killer tells his victim that the Grim Reaper has come for her. She is later seen dead as her mother grieves for her. Armed criminals rob an armored car by crashing into it. Cars are upended and drivers are injured. A robber shoots an unarmed guard to death without provocation. A fatally wounded man begs his friend to kill him rather than let him suffer, and the friend complies, shooting at close range. A man throws things when angry with his wife.
- "F--k," "s--t," "motherf--ker," and "ass."
- Social Behavior
- Seeking revenge can have bloody consequences.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- A woman says she's stoned on marijuana and the antidepressant Prozac. Adults drink alcohol.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it