This Merchant Ivory drama follows the intersecting paths of five New Yorkers on one life-changing day. An actress feels betrayed when her husband falls for her understudy, while her daughter has cold feet about her upcoming wedding.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Chris Terrio
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
French, Portuguese, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; cast and crew interview; featurettes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film focuses on a young woman's decisions concerning her upcoming wedding and sometimes strained relationship with her mother, a famous actress. It includes sexual references, a brief passionate encounter in a hallway, some language, repeated cheating by romantic partners (heterosexual and homosexual), and some verbal arguments. During a mugging that takes about 20 seconds, one character is stabbed in his side.
- Sexual Content
- Some nudity, sexual referenecs, a couple of kissing scenes.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Romantic dishonesty, adultery, a mother-daughter argument.
- Set in NYC, background logos.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking and smoking at a late night party.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it