Hellboy: Animated: Sword of Storms
Cult comic book hero Hellboy is sent by the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense to investigate the demonic possession of a college folklore professor in this animated adventure. Hellboy travels to a spirit world to battle the demons.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; making-of featurettes; director's commentary; still galleries.
Hellboy: Animated: Sword of StormsClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this comic book-based, made-for-TV animated movie delivers a big dose of the supernatural. There are plenty of ghosts, spirits, and demons, and one significant episode in which a character is possessed, which could be scary for young children.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable
- Several violent battles against demons and ghosts, but the action, while dark, is more comic-like than graphic. One character is possessed by evil spirits.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Some unusual situations occur as Hellboy and his squad -- which tends to follow a rather rigid military order -- face off against the unconforming undead. In the end, this movie really comes down to good vs. evil, and it's pretty easy to tell which side everyone is on.
- Part of a popular comic book franchise.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some smoking. Hellboy does enjoy his cigars.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it