Here on Earth
Spoiled rich kid Kelley Morse inadvertently destroys a diner during a James Dean-style drag race and is sentenced by the court to help rebuild the restaurant. During construction, he must room and board at his racing rival Jasper's home.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Mark Piznarski
- DVD and streaming
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; music videos; trailer.
Here on EarthClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the female lead dies of cancer; even if it's obvious emotional manipulation, it can still be upsetting, especially if a teen has dealt with, or fears, loss. They should also be aware that there's plenty of teenage sexuality here, starting with crude jokes about body parts that fit in car tailpipes and what to do with handcuffs. While nothing explicit is shown, the two leads spend the night together, waking up in bed.
- Sexual Content
- Plenty of teenage sexuality, starting with crude jokes about body parts that fit in car tailpipes and what to do with handcuffs. While nothing explicit is shown, the two leads spend the night together, waking up in bed.
- Lots of fisticuffs. The female lead dies of cancer, which can be upsetting, especially if a teen has dealt with, or fears, loss.
- Occasional mild to moderate profanity. One little girl flips the finger.
- Social Behavior
- Not a minority in sight (except the judge) in this lily white imagining of small town America. Some crass sexual humor.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Underage drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it