The General is a beautiful, wild mustang who frequents the ranch land that's a playground for three young children. When horse thieves capture The General, the youths set out to retrieve the beloved mustang and bring him back where he belongs. Set against a breathtaking Nevada desert backdrop, this rousing children's adventure will enchant horse lovers of all ages, as well as any kid who ever dreamed of riding the range.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Eric Hendershot
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailers; trivia game.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this feel-good contemporary Western about a horse-obsessed boy and his adventures with his sister and new cowboy friend has some tame Western-style fights and dramatic tension. One of the main characters learns an important lesson about honesty and being true to oneself.
- Sexual Content
- Some kissy-kissy stuff with Tyler's big brother and a cowgirl they meet during their time of peril, but nothing graphic.
- Standard Western stuff: A punch thrown, chase scenes on foot, characters tied up with rope by the comical bad guys. Later in the film, children are taken prisoner by the bad guys and tied up with rope.
- When two boys use the same men's bathroom, one of the boys makes a joke about "crossing swords."
- Social Behavior
- Characters learn to work together to achieve their goals. One of the characters learns that it is better to be yourself than to pretend to be something you're not.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it