House of Sand and Fog
When her husband dumps her, emotionally unstable Kathy finds her house in the California hills seized in foreclosure and put up for auction. An exiled Iranian air force colonel buys Kathy's "dream" house, but Kathy's obsessed with getting it back.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Vadim Perelman
- 2004 Independent Spirit Awards®
- 2004 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
RSome violence/disturbing images, language and a scene of sexuality
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; deleted scenes; behind-the-scenes featurette; photo gallery.
House of Sand and FogClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has extreme, graphic, and tragic violence including murder, attempted and successful suicides, domestic abuse, and an accidental shooting. There are explicit sexual references and situations, including adultery and nudity. Characters drink and smoke, including an alcoholic character who ends a period of sobriety. Characters use very strong language and there are many harsh and painful confrontations.
- Sexual Content
- Explicit sexual references and situations, nudity, adultery.
- Extreme and graphic violence, murder, suicide, accidental shooting. Many harsh and painful confrontations.
- Very strong language.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking and smoking, character is an alcoholic.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it